Gregory Lawton, Jr Brother of House of Payne’s Denyce Lawton was Brutally Murdered at his Doorstep

3GM March 26, 2011 21

Mar 26, 2011 – LOCAL PG COUNTY RESIDENT GUN DOWNED IN NEIGHBORHOOD FOR BEING A GOOD SAMARITAN AND STRIVING TO MAKE HIS COMMUNITY SAFE FOR HIS CHILDREN

Greg Lawton, Jr a Father, Son & Brother was Brutally Murdered at his Doorstep

Temple Hills, MD – March 25, 2011 – On Thursday, March 24, 2011 Gregory Lawton, Jr. 31 known as Lil G, was brutally gunned down in his neighborhood by a known drug dealer for being a good Samaritan while fighting to make the community safe for his children.  Gregory brother of Actress Denyce Lawton (Tyler Perry’s “House of Payne”) was murdered for doing the right thing for his community.  A security guard and loving father of three (3) young children, Gregory was NOT a criminal or thug.  He was employed as a Corporal Officer at The Washington National Harbor and recently a sergeant at The Boulevard at the Cap Center in Largo, MD.  Gregory was a young man on an amazing path in working with Prince George’s County to stop the drug trafficking and miscellaneous criminal behavior in his community beginning with his personal apartment complex in a plight to keep it safe for his children and others to safely live and play.  Gregory was known throughout the Prince George County and Washington, DC area by many friends as well as strangers that you could talk to, seek guidance and give them alternatives to crime and jail time.  Gregory’s murder was premeditated and there were people involved that assisted in the massacre that need to be brought to justice. “My family and I would like to say THANK YOU for the overwhelming amount of prayers, messages, phone calls and visits.  Greg aka Lil G to all of his friends was loved far beyond the reach of his immediate family.  The abundant and massive amount of messages posted on his Facebook page makes us even prouder to call him a son, brother, father and friend.  We are in immense pain for our loss of an amazing irreplaceable human being and to know he was loved the way he was/is reassuring GOD had a plan for him far bigger than he wanted to be,” says sister Denyce Lawton.

Gregory’s Facebook page has an overwhelming response of heart wrenching messages and sentiments from individuals he touched and knew during his short lived life.  He is survived by his three (3) children, two (2) sisters, younger brother, mother and father.

Gregory will be laid to rest Thursday, March 31, 2011 and flowers can be arranged to be sent to the funeral home.  The Gregory Lawton, Jr Fund will be set up at a local bank for donations to be made in honor of supporting the children he tragically left behind.

Gregory Lawton, Jr Funeral Arrangements:

Thursday | March 31, 2011
Viewing 10:00am – 11:30am | Funeral 11:30pm
Lee Funeral Home
6633 Old Alexandria Ferry Rd
Clinton, MD  20735

If anyone has any information on Gregory’s murder and the whereabouts of the people involved please contact the Prince George’s County Police Department.

via Gregory Lawton, Jr a Father, Son & Brother was Brutally Murdered at his Doorstep.

21 Comments »

1. RICK ROSS March 26, 2011 at 9:41 pm - Reply

IT WAS SELF DEFENSE THIS ARTICLE WAS BULLS*&! WHEN GREGORY WAS THREATNING TO KILL PAYNE AND HAD NUMOROUS FRIENDS TO HARASS PAYNE THE SAME NIGHT SO AT LEAST TELL THE TRUTH IN YOUR ARTICLE I LIVED AROUND PARKWAY APTS AND I NEVERN SEEN HIM DO ANYTHING POSITIVE WITH THE KIDS SO DONT BLAME HIM SNITHCHING FOR THE REASON HE DIED

2. whocares March 27, 2011 at 1:00 pm - Reply

snitching i’m so sick and tired of nigga’s talking about snitching how about get your trifling black asses off the corner selling dope and killing your people. They need to herd every drug dealer up and drop there behinds to the bottom of the pacific ocean because they are spans from the devil who only seek to destroy. RICK ROSS if you ignorant ass didn’t have anything better to say you should have not said a damn thing. Prince Georges County is a wonderful county but the people who want to sell drug and kill is killing it. I hope they find everyone responsible for this and all of the drug garbages that have destroyed My county.

3. Ed lover March 27, 2011 at 10:06 pm - Reply

I hear both of yall arguments I too live in pg county and I went to school with Greg the article itself is very misleading Greg was in no way a model citizen he’s been involved in various criminal acts that I know of from robbery to theft but at the same time I don’t think this was the time or place for that first negative comment all that stop snitching mess is foolishness what yall should be doing is praying for the little girls and his family

• Derek March 31, 2011 at 11:03 pm - Reply

Did your mother ever teach you, if you don’t have anything nice to say about a person, keep your mouth shut…Where is your compassion? If you did know Greg, by your comment alone it tells us all how you really felt about him… You are a sad individual..and I don’t even know you and I choose not to…Grow up!!!

4. Nickie March 28, 2011 at 2:29 am - Reply

What if it was YOUR brother, YOUR father, or YOUR son that got killed for something as senseless as this? Respect a life. Nobody has the right to pick and choose who lives or dies. Only God judges at the end of the cycle…your time is coming. Every day you wake up, it brings you closer to your death. “LIFE AND DEATH IS IN THE POWER OF THE TONGUE”. Watch what you write. To RICK ROSS: Your dumb a@! is so ignorant you can’t even spell “snitching” correctly! I grew up in the same neighborhood and know the whole family…I knew Denyce back when her name was spelled “Denise”! The reason you didn’t see him do anything positive with the kids is because your stupid a@# was too busy hiding under Payne’s balls to see how much he cared for people when you should’ve been in school learning how to spell. You probably had something to do with it. Like “whocares” said…I hope they find everyone responsible for this (including you).
    As far as ED LOVER: Why would you say, you “don’t think this was the time or place for that first negative comment”, but at the same time you just said something negative about him right before that? First off, you say that Greg was involved in stuff from back when you knew him in school…years ago. So your saying you never did anything wrong in school? BULLS@#! Moving on…I am gonna speak for him because it’s easy to talk about people when they can no longer speak for themselves and it takes a cowardly move to disrespect the Lawton’s friends and family in time of grief.
    “Whocares” is right, this was stupid, senseless, un-called for, and just plain ghetto…I think Payne and whoever else was involved should rott in jail, but its up to the law…God will judge him also! His time is coming.

• inches March 28, 2011 at 7:51 am - Reply

Sorry, I can’t agree with this article. I’ve know G for over 10 years now…not only did he rob me but he has robbed several people I know over the years..he has an active criminal case as we speak…he was not a modal citizen..I dont care how anybody else knew him..I knew him as a common thief who kept getting away with it.

Sorry

• inches March 28, 2011 at 8:16 am - Reply

typo error I meant model citizen…yes he was a drug dealer I knew him as a small time drug dealer and yes he was a thug.

sorry

• Derek April 1, 2011 at 8:04 pm - Reply

First of all inches! A mind is a terrible thing to waste.. You should have stay in school a little longer and learn about to spell..As usual a dumb ass like yourself is focusing on the negative..Buy a clue…Pick up a book… I don’t see you doing anything positive for the community. Black on Black crime! When will it stop….Have you notice the K.K.K is in hiding, all they have to do is sit back and let us kill off one another.. Pay attention to what’s really going on around you.. Stay in school, go to college and get a real job…. Stop using the excuses, it’s not working anymore…men up..

• inches April 4, 2011 at 11:04 am - Reply

@Derek..for you to make that comment you do not know him at all…had you known him you would not be saying things you know nothing about…so kick bricks and blow bubbles!

5. Chelsea Clinton March 28, 2011 at 11:50 am - Reply

Wow in this case for some of you I think a lot of things would’ve been better left unsaid. This is a murder case & all you guys look like suspects!!!!! We all established that everyone knew him differently but do you actually think this is right to bash a man while he’s already gone??? Know one actaully knows a person completely & no matter what He didn’t deserve this. The world would be a better place if ppl weren’t so selfish bc instead of thinking about yourself you should think how my actions will affect the universe bc Greg is dead- now his children are without a father, his father & mother are short a son, his sisters & brother are short a brother, his job is short an employee, & his love ones are without him. You actually don’t know what he could’ve been. This world is crappy really crappy & he could’ve been just what we needed to make things better. I’m just saying ppl need to really think how there actions affect the world. Sorry Greg that you had to go so soon- even if you were a model citizen or a undercover drug dealer, you will be missed tremedously* God Bless*

• Joannesbaby March 28, 2011 at 5:37 pm - Reply

@Chelsea Clinton,I agree wth you 100%!Regardless whether he was “GOOD” OR “BAD”,he’s dead and gone!There is NEVER any “EXCUSE” for anyone to be murdered!It is NOT our call to “GIVE WHATS DESERVED TO ANYONE”…ITS GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NONE OF US ARE “PERFECT” and ALL WILL BE JUDGED!!!!Whoever killed him are no DIFFERENT than they “CLAIM” him to be!I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WHEN FOLKS KILL OTHERS..THEY RUN!!!!COWARDS!!!!!!You may get away with it by “MAN”,but “YOU’RE JUST GETTING BY”…YOU WILL ANSWER TO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Kill ur self March 28, 2011 at 9:56 pm - Reply

first let me say that i dont greave for the wrong, my heart goes out to Ms. Mo & fattz family, so stop saying shit u dont know, i live there & that nigga (Greg)pulled out a gun FIRST,so take ur comments & stick it up your ass……

7. ShineB March 29, 2011 at 11:43 pm - Reply

Greg were my heart my soul my luv my man and my nb father. We will miss him so much. All I have for my nb is a pic. Always n my heart. All my love goes out to gregs family. Luv Yah

8. T. Williams April 4, 2011 at 12:10 am - Reply

First, I’d like to start off by saying that I knew Gregory for a number of years and he was a great person. He was an advocate for his community and he served as a role model.

I think that before any of you start bashing Gregory, you need to focus on getting an education so that you can write in a way that intelligent and educated people like myself, can understand what you are saying. People like you are a total disgrace to the Black race. For any one of you to sit here and condone self hatred and self genocide, is a total disgust. The last thing that this world needs is another army of Uncle Tom’s and Aunt Jemima’s.

You all have so much to say yet you hide behind fake names because in reality you are all nothing but cowards; The type of cowards who promote black on black violence yet bow down to the white man. This is yet another victory for the white man. Who needs the KKK when you have dumb nigg*s like James Allen Payne, who work as advocates for the devil?

After it’s all said and done, the one good thing that comes out of all of this is that the state of Maryland upholds the death penalty for premeditated homocide, as in this case. It looks like Mr. Payne’s dumb A$$ will either fry in the electric chair or spend the rest of his pathetic and miserable life behind bars. Secretly, I hope that he gets the death penalty so that I can have a front row seat, with popcorn and a Coke, while the white man pulls the plug on him. There’s no use for an idiot like him.

Yes, it is all fun and games to some of you but from the way things are looking for Mr. Payne, Gregory is still going to end up getting the last laugh.

9. Kinji Scott April 7, 2011 at 9:06 am - Reply

Wow! This conversation speaks volumes of how our communities value life. This is so sad. The hopes and future of so many black children born and unborn are determined by the likes of some of you. Sad

10. aluminum extrusion company April 10, 2011 at 7:09 am - Reply

I never thought of that this way .. good writing.

11. hho hydrogen generator April 12, 2011 at 8:09 am - Reply

Every time i come here I am not dissapointed, nice post.

12. aluminium profile April 12, 2011 at 8:21 am - Reply

I like idea behind your post. I want to read more from you. Your thought process is unique and effective.

13. chris June 22, 2011 at 6:27 am - Reply

The comments on here are really sad and clearly many bashing Greg are friends of the murderer Payne. Ive known Greg half of my life and yes, Greg got into trouble in his teen years and even in his early 20s, doing things most young guys did, but he never took, harmed or was a threat to anyones life. In the past 6 years, he changed his life and was on a great spiritual path. Arent we all allowed redemption? To the posters of the horrible comments, I highly doubt any of you have NEVER been in trouble or did something wrong…. For the person who said they went to High School w/ him, then you must have went to school with me too in JAPAN!!!! According to several credible eye witnesses and police officers, Gregory DID not pull out a gun, PAYNE admitted he never saw a gun and he shot 1st, even AFTER Greg fell, he shot again. One shot was actually at close range which was the killing shot and Payne did not even run, he walked away. Witness and police even confirmed that Payne publicly threatened Gregs life that morning in front of many people, just days after he was shooting outside of his home. So for those trying to desecrate this poor mans legacy to his kids, how about you guys get the facts straight and dont try and comment. This man is gone forever and his kids will never be walked down the aisle or get to play in the park with their dad again. His sisters lost their baby brother, his mother and father are missing and distraught over their only son. Just let him RIP, for even if he did rob one of you, youre still alive because he didnt rob you of your life or your family of you!

14. Toni September 18, 2011 at 2:06 am - Reply

Has anyone ever considered the fact that your opinions about other people, rather “good” or “bad” do not matter. It is pointless and a waste of time to even spend time pondering on your own judgmental attitudes of others. The bottom line is that when it all comes down to it, what GOD thinks about each one us is the only thing that matters. HE IS IN COMPLETE CONTROL OF EVRYTHING! GOD doesn’t love the President, the Pope or Oprah herself any more than he loves a rapist, child molester, or murderer and GOD doesn’t love any of us less than he loves the mother theresa’s, ghandi’s or nelson mandela’s of the world. It sounds crazy but think about it. He created us all. But we make our own decisions to either do good or evil….yet he still loves us ALL…no matter how horrible our deeds are or how devious and deceptive our minds can be. No matter how evil a person may be GOD still loves that person and only wants him to come back to the “good” side and leave the devil and his lies alone. Now do not misunderstand what I am saying, yes GOD loves all the murderers and rapist of the world, BUT he still punishes for our misdeeds and wrong doings. He still makes sure we serve the consequences for wrong decisions that we make. So nobody gets away with anything. This mans death should teach us that life is short and everyday that GOD wakes us up is another day for us to realize how much he loves us NO MATTER WHAT and he has given us another day…another chance to get it right and do what is right. So do not worry about what other people are doing. Pay more attention to what you are doing and only be concerned about how you are living your life. A person should be able to go to sleep at night with a clear conscience, knowing in his private thoughts he or she can live with the decisions they made and the things they choose to do at the end of everyday. However this man lived his life, “good” or “bad”, is not for us to judge because NOW he has no more chances to “get it right”. We can only hope and pray that when he died, he died living a life that was “exceptable” to GOD. Only GOD knows if he did.

15. Toni September 18, 2011 at 2:15 am - Reply

TYPO CORRECTION: A person should be able to go to sleep at night with a clear conscience, knowing in his or her private thoughts he or she can live with the decisions that they made and the things that they choose to do at the end of the day.

Leave A Response »